13-Jun-2018, Ad#: 18074, Views: 343
Category: Translating & Interpreting
Korean LQA/Translator (Fulltime)
The main role of the Korean LQA (Language Quality Assurance) will be to serve as a gatekeeper for the quality of translations (grammar, spelling and punctuation, meaning accuracy -loyalty to source, style, terminology and consistency). You will work with a team to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers and other employees, to manage your workload and time, to use translation tools (like CAT), and more.
Previous experience and/or familiarity with the technical and Ul terminologies (English & Korean) for the fields mentioned below will be an advantage.
- Actual translations from English to Korean for non-technical and technical texts.
- Proofreading/reviewing existing translations against the English source.
- Other linguistic-related tasks (Audio transcription, WinAlign, etc...)
- Marketing translations for the fields mentioned above
- Fast and Efficient (not sacrificing quality for speed)
- Mature & Professional
- Hardworking & Dedicated
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Pro-active, Confident and Organized
- Resourceful (good at researching terminologies)
- Detail-Oriented / Eye for detail
- Good communication skills
- Has a passion for translations and linguistics
- Keenness for electronic devices, particularly smartphones
- Korean Native speaker, with profound knowledge of the local culture.
- Must have a very good comprehension of written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and their functions.
- Familiarity with CAT tools.
- Basic knowledge of Internet & Email communication applications.
- At least three years of experience as a translator in the ICT industry.
If you are interested in further information send your CV and cover letter to Rachael Thompson at email@example.com
|Please mention "Workster.com Ad#18074" in your cover letter when applying for this position. |